As we continue our Coronavacation, being quarantined and homebound due to COVID-19 for multiple weeks now, staying at home can pose a significant challenge to remain physically active and fit.
The worldwide pandemic has already infected more than two million people across the globe and with the government extending our lockdown so we stay at home and safe, it also means, kids are home all day, many adults are being forced to work from home and we’re each doing our part in social distancing.
So how exactly do you stay healthy and keep your immune system high in order to avoid getting sick in the present scenario? Here are 5 easy ways to defeat the virus and keep your game strong!
1. Get Those Endorphins Rolling In!
Due to lockdown none of us can hit the gym, but what we all can do, is have a workout routine at home. You can do squats, pushups, planks or leg lifts and most importantly, don’t forget about cardio. WHO recommends 150 minutes of moderate-intensity or 75-minutes of vigorous-intensity physical activity per week or a combination of both. Dancing, playing with children and domestic chores such as cleaning and gardening are other fun ways to meet the activity requirement. At home Zumba sesh is always a great idea!
View this post on Instagram
• Discover the undiscovered & let your spirits feel motivated! 💥 Presenting the new addition to the fitness family of @lenovosmartin EGO HX07. 🤸🏻♀️⌚ Right from Remote camera, 5ATM waterproof, 20 days battery life, super solid digital display, it's an all rounder! It’s the perfect watch for generation X. 😎 Get your oomph factor today! 🔥#AashnaMalani #AashnaFitness x #EGOIsGood #LenovoEGO
2. Manage Your Stress
Sedentary behavior and low levels of physical activity can have negative effects on physical and emotional health. With all the changing conventionalities, this is a time we must endure not only for ourselves but also for others. However, try to manage your stress by indulging in various activities that keep you busy and engrossed. You can hone your hobbies such as reading, cooking, gardening, singing or painting. Face time a long lost friend. Try meditation and Yoga for a change. Listen to your favourite songs and more. Breathe in and breathe out, it will all be better soon.
3. Gorge On Your Greens And Fruits
This is a must for those who are working from home, you may have got a “break room” full of snacks and goodies. Rather than munching on chips and cookies all day, how about nuts or grapes? Replace the cookies with whole-grain biscuits, use this time to munch on your favorite fruits. The USDA recommends eating five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables per day. This will not only keep your gut health great but also give you healthy-looking skin.
4. Hydrate, Mask, Sleep, Repeat
As we all know, 8 hours of sleep is a must for each one of us. This is the best time to take some time off and give yourself the necessary sleep you have due ever since the last few months. Sleep helps our body get started with the healing process. Hence, make the most of this quarantine by giving your body the rest it needs. Put on an eye mask to relieve the strain from looking at screens all day and a face mask to relax and hydrate your skin!
View this post on Instagram
• Get ready for healthy and radiant skin as @nykaabeauty has now got you covered with 11 ways of masking with #NykaaSkinSecrets sheet masks! 😘 It's hassle-free, easy-to-use, travel friendly, smells heavenly (hmm!) n' gives instant results. ❤️ Each mask targets 2 skin concerns with 1 mask – now that's multi-tasking since dual ingredients = dual benefits! 😍 Just cleanse, apply, relax, peel, massage and you're good to go. 🧚♀️ So now Mask whenever, wherever you want! 💃#AashnaMalani #AashnaBeauty #AashnaTravels x #Nykaabeauty #Mynykaa
5. Maintain Personal Hygiene
We know you’ve read enough posts about it already but maintaining personal hygiene is the key to curtailing this virus. Wash your hands with soap at regular intervals for twenty seconds (Happy-Birthday 2 times), use 60-70% alcohol-based sanitizers to keep your hands clean. Clean makeup products you use more often. Change your clothes immediately if you’ve gone outside for some reason and don’t forget to flush out those toxics out by drinking enough water. Drinking water, juices and eating healthy fruits and vegetables ought to up your immunity game and that is exactly how we can do our bit in this time of need.
Last but not the least, sanitize your abode because what’s the point of even washing your hands regularly if your home’s high touch surfaces are laced with various virus and bacteria. As per a report by Live Science, the coronavirus can actually remain on copper for up to four hours, on cardboard up to 24 hours and on plastic and stainless steel up to 72 hours. So it is the right time to disinfect and clean your homes, let’s not wait for Diwali, shall we?
For the first time in history, we can save the human race by staying at home and taking care of ourselves while doing nothing (unless you’re an influencer, we have got our hands full, haha!). Let’s not screw this up. We hope these tips are exactly what you need to get motivated if you aren’t already.
P.s. It is time to wash your hands again!
Here is 5 Must-try Workout Challenges At Home for you to try in the meantime.
That’s it for today, more such posts are soon to follow, so make sure you subscribe to our website.
For sponsored posts, features and product reviews, feel free to connect with us on email@example.com!
- This is not a sponsored post.
- These tips are our personal suggestions.