Shipra Khanna, winner of MasterChef India Season 2 brings to you her special Blue Berry Cheese Cake on my website under Special Features by Chefs. So try, enjoy and share!
Blue Berry Cheese Cake
- 2 ½ cups cream cheese
- 7 cups whip cream
- 2 ½tbsp gelatine
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 ½Tbsp Vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ cup digestive biscuits, crushed
- 4 tbsp melted butter
For the topping:
- ¾ cup blueberry compote
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 2 ½ cups water
- In a bowl, mix the crushed biscuits with the butter.
- In a dish, Spread it at the bottom and smoothen with a spoon. Freeze it till it becomes hard.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the vanilla essence and the lime juice.
- Mix it well.
- Dissolve the gelatine with 1 ½ cups of cold water and keep aside.
- In a pan, boil milk.
- In another bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar. Add 2 tbsp of the boiling milk.
- Now add this entire mixture to the pan with the milk. Cook on low flame to
- pasteurize the eggs and thicken the mixture, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the fire and mix in the gelatine, cool to room temperature.
- Add the mixture to the cheese and fold well until all lumps are smoothened out.
- Finally fold in the whipped cream.
- Now add this mixture on top of the frozen biscuits. Freeze it again till it becomes hard.
For the topping:
- Dissolve the gelatine with cold water and mix it with the blueberry compote.
- Boil the mixture and then let it cool.
- Now, pour it over the top of the hardened cheesecake. Set again in the fridge and serve.
Well, how easy is that? Try this special recipe by Chef Shipra Khanna and create your own masterpiece. We will be constantly featuring this beautiful young lady on our website from now on and help all of you become home Chefs if not professional ones. After all, Chef Shipra Khanna pursued her dreams and became a professional Chef from a simple homemaker too! Who knows what’s in store for you all! Keep reading and keep cooking.
More such recipes are soon to follow, so don’t forget to subscribe to my website! If you’ve tried this and want to share your views, whether good or bad, don’t hesitate to share with us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we might just share your ideas on our website! To work with us and share your recipes with our followers, send us your resume and contact details on the same email id.
- This is not a sponsored post.
- Please keep in mind any allergies you might have to any of the ingredients before cooking.